Chocolate-Blueberry Cake

I wouldn’t consider myself a cake person. I don’t really like the traditional cakes and often skip them completely. Anyhow, from time to time, I find myself drooling at pictures of beautiful cakes and with my graduation coming up next year I decided to start testing ideas to find a cake I might actually like (you know, not just in pictures).

I really wanted to make a delicious cake from good ingredients. That doesn't mean taking the fun out and making a tasteless cake, but one with more nutritional value AND the same good taste. So to cut a long story short, I wasn’t exactly aiming to make a healthy cake, but one made of quality ingredients.

The result was a moist, chocolaty, fresh, and most importantly, tasty treat. Even I liked it.


I might need more practice with the icing to nail a less homemade look but I think this outcome is quite cute in its own way ;)

So here is the recipe that I constructed:


G
Based on and inspired by my friend’s beautiful recipe.

Overall time: 5h
Active time: 2h
            Reserve enough time to ensure pleasant, stress-free baking ;)


Cake:
2dl Flour-mix (wheat flour alternative)
1,5dl Potato starch
3tsp Baking powder
1tsp Sea salt
2tsp Vanilla extract
1,5dl Dark, unsweetened  cacao powder
150g Plant-based butter/oil
1,5dl Coconut sugar
0,5dl Agave syrup
3 Eggs
3dl Fat free milk/plantbased milk

1.     Grease your cake mold. Heat the oven to 175C.
2.     Mix all the dry ingredients together (not the sugar).
3.     Whip the cream and coconut sugar together until a thick cream. Then add the eggs and Agave.
4.     Mix in the dry ingredients and milk.
5.     Pour the batter into its mold. Bake at 175C from 50-60 min or until nothing sticks on when poked with a stick.
6.     Let cool. Once completely cooled off, cut into two to form the top and bottom.


Filling:
250g Fat-free quark
100g Blueberries
1dl Plant-based whipping cream
1tsp Vanilla
1tbsp Honey
3 Gelatine
2tbsp Lemon/lime juice

1.     Soak the gelatine for a few minutes.
2.     Whip the cream. Fold in the quark, blueberries, vanilla and liquid honey.
3.     Boil the lemon/lime juice and add in the gelatine dissolving it.
4.     Mix the gelatin and filling together.


5.   Cut the strawberries into slices/halves leaving some to put on top of the cake.
6.     Wrap the bottom half of the cake with parchment paper (I recommend using a pan with removable walls around that for extra support). Line it with strawberry slices placing them so that the insides face outwards.
7.     Pour in the filling.
8.     Carefully place the top half of the cake on top.
9.     Let set for 3+ hours in the fridge. (I let it set overnight and finished it off the next morning)

Icing:
1-1,5dl Plant-based whipping cream
100g Dark chocolate (mine had 70% cacao)

For serving:
Fresh berries
Fresh strawberries

1.   Boil the cream.
2.     Add in the chocolate in small pieces mixing all the while.
3.     Spread the icing on top of the cake. Let it spill over the edges for a tongue-watering result.
4.     Top off with berries and serve with love!


Celebrating my birthday :)


Candles: Urban Outfitters



Delightful baking!


…4nna…

CONVERSATION

0 kommenttia:

Post a Comment

Back
to top