When the Sun Goes Down

"I was walking along a road one evening – on one side lay the city, and below me was the fjord. The sun went down – the clouds were stained red, as if with blood. I felt as though the whole of nature was screaming – it seemed as though I could hear a scream. I painted that picture, painting the clouds like real blood. The colours screamed." -Edvard Munch

Every time I witness the sun set and paint the sky, the colors and the feeling take me over very powerfully making me feel like a real impressionist/expressionist. The feeling is so strong and the whole moment feels loaded with stamina -I am in awe. 


Around a year ago I Edvard Munch's work was on display in Helsinki (at the Diedrichsen Museum) and I was lucky enough to take the time and go see the masterpieces (including a graphic version of his most famous piece The Scream). The one thing that I still remember from that visit and think of daily is how Munch described the feeling he had and how he felt obliged to eternalize it in this painting of his. And that is the quote above. The choice of words is so brutally strong yet I understand exactly what he means. I guess that's why the quote is burned into my memory forever.


Today I once again embraced these feelings and this memory and would like to share a few photos. This was also a really nice way to wind down before a really big test tomorrow.














...4nna...

Remember to enjoy these kinds of moments. <3

CONVERSATION

0 kommenttia:

Post a Comment

Back
to top