Cargo

A couple of weeks ago, when it was still nice and warm(ish), my friends and I went out for brunch to celebrate the end of our exams (syksyn yo) and of course just spend time together.

Like the geek I am, I had to conduct extensive research on potential brunch places to make sure that a. we would get delicious, healthy food (taking into notice the dietary restrictions), b. it would be affordable for a student, and c. the place would be somewhat easy to come to. 


After a while (umm few hours??) I had come up with a list (two options) to choose from. Both seemed scrumptious to me so I handed the decision-making-powers over to my buddies. 


And the democratic pick was Cargo. 


Cargo is a vegetarian café/restaurant situated on the edge of Ruoholahti at Ruoholahdenranta 8. It's easy to walk to from Kamppi, only about 1km. The place is in two floors, the upper floor being a sunny terrace with an partial ocean view. It's right by the road, but shielded by the huge wave shaped wall of the bridge which blocks almost all traffic sound, sight and emissions. Sitting there in the autumn sun was amazing. 


The breakfast menu was positively wide. The breakfast platter, which I got, consisted of yoghurt (soy or Greek) with müsli and berry compot, toast with avocado, lettuce and cheese/tofu, a choice of juice (a good number to choose from) and almost any coffee/tee on the list. I had mine vegan to experience the place in its entire meaning and had a gorgeous latte and beet juice (I think, but forgot...). It was really delicious (the tofu wasn't to my taste but it wasn't at all bad either), especially the juice! 






Another breakfast dish that we tried was the porridge. Oh, my God! It looked (and my friends swore, tasted) SO delicious. Oatmeal, banana, coconut, avocado and blackcurrant. To be honest with you I had never thought of putting avocado into my oatmeal but I tried it and it was eyeopening! Do try.

I can definitely recommend Cargo for breakfast. Having looked through their other menus and scrolled their Instagram I'm convinced that it's the place to go for vegetarian meals at any other time of day also. Even if you're not vegetarian it's an experience for your taste buds and worth a visit just for the ambiance and architecture/setting.


--


Koska kyseessä on suomalainen löytö Helsingissä keskeisellä sijainnilla on kenties syytä raapustaa muutama sana suomeksikin. 


Cargo oli ehdottomasti hyvä kokemus. Etenkin mieletön aurinkoterassi ja muutenkin miellyttävä arkkitehtuuri olivat tosiaankin mun makuun ja loivat rentoa tunnelmaa. Just sellaista kun nyt voi veg(aani) paikalta kuvitellakin. Kuitenkaan olematta painostava tai syyllistävä ei-kasvissyöjälle. 


Tietenkin myös aamiainen maistui ja mahat täyttyi. Haluan ehdottomasti käydä maistamassa tuota mainitsemaani puuroa, koska ensinnäkin, ulkonäkö oli vaikuttava, maku yhdistelmä sopivan freesi mutta silti ravintoaineiltaan rikas (ja kookossokeri vähän piristämässä) ja toisekseen siksi, että oikein luotettavina lähteinä ja maku-arvioitsijoina toimineet (mun kaverit) antoivaat loistavan arvion. 


Myös varsinkin mun tilaama mehu oli super raikas ja pirtsakka. En kuitenkaan voi valitettavasti sen nimeä tässä paljastaa kun laho pääni sen unohti. Jotain pinkkiä unelmaa se kuitenkin oli.






Jos siis kulmilla koskaan pyörit, ehkä aamiaisen, ehkä lounaan tai vaan kahvin tarpeessa niin suosittelen kokeilemaan. Et varmasti pety mikäli kaikki on kuin meillä oli. Ilmeisesti myös to-go mahdollisuus on olemassa ja se vähän muakin houkuttelee.

On kyllä ihanaa tehdä tällaisia löytöjä ihan täältä Suomestakin kun usein vaan kuolaan ulkomailla erinäisten paikkojen perään.








...4nna...

CONVERSATION

0 kommenttia:

Post a Comment

Back
to top