Soups for Fall

Fall is the ultimate high season of soups. And I couldn't be more happy about this.

In the beginning of this month my mother declared October as the official soup month. YES! I love soups and seasonal ingredients make them taste all the much better so this was great news for me. 

Through the autumn and this past month we made many different soups at home. Carrot soup, pumpkin soup, sweet potato soup, root soup, chicken soup... My favorite would have to be, no question, pumpkin soup. So in honor of that, I will share the recipe that makes this delicious autumn treat.


Carrot soup made with love by mom (and eaten by me ;)) served with yummy homemade oatbuns.


So, this pumpkin soup isn't the traditional pumpkin soup -it's not made of puree or otherwise mashed nor is it exclusively of pumpkin. The pumpkin used here is butternut squash so not the usual either. But, let me assure you, it is phenomenal! Also, this soup is tremendously easy to prepare. I will definitely add this to my fall time repertoire.


Butternut squash lentil soup

1 Butternut squash
1 Can of whole fat coconut milk
2,5 dl Red lentils (uncooked measure)
1 Onion
1 Clove
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Curry
1 tsp Cumin
0,5 tsp Cardamom
0,5 tsp Ground ginger
0,5 tsp Nutmeg
1 tsp Black pepper
1 tsp Sea salt
2dl water
1 Lime for juice
(Coconut)oil for the pan

1. Chop up the onion and clove. Braise them in the bottom of your pan and chop up the (peeled) squash into small cubes (1x1cm) while they cook. Then combine.
2. Add in the coconut milk and all the spices.
3. Add in the rinsed lentils (or precook and add in at the end) and let boil at a low heat for 10-15min or until the squash softens thoroughly.
4. Squeeze in the lime juice, taste and enjoy! 





This recipe (with my tiny alterations) is from my absolute obsession cook book Kiitos hyvää by Vanleja. It's full of amazing, healthy, easy, so delicious and mostly vegetarian recipes for every occasion from breakfast to deserts.

Happy souping :)




...4nna...

Any other soup lovers out there? :)

CONVERSATION

0 kommenttia:

Post a Comment

Back
to top