Outdated

I've always been pretty motivated to learn new things thanks to my curious and knowledge thirsty nature. I've always been lucky to have found a way of studying and a mind set that works really well for me already early on. However I too have struggled with certain things with classic schooling. And I realize that not everyone feels at home in this system.

My friends and I have discussed this topic many times and everyone seems to be on the same page that the methods should evolve as anything else would. That is why this video that a Facebook friend of mine had shared really popped out at me. I think the biggest problems are well argued for. Now all we need is actions that lead to solutions. But to get there we need to widely recognize the problem. That is why I'm sharing this video even here, and I hope you take the few minutes to watch it. It's even captioned if you can't have the sound on for any reason. So no excuses. And trust me, it's made interesting to watch.


Afterwards you can take part in the discussion at this site.






Watch it all the way to the end also as I'm quite proud how Finland is given credit for it's proactive educational system. I am quite lucky since my school is very alert and on top of the game ready to adjust and learn the newest ways to make our learning as effective, enjoyable and sustainable as possible. We have for example modern "classrooms", different takes on how lessons are constructed, digital learning tools and all kinds of events to support it all. Most importantly we have a positive atmosphere that promotes studying and free time and their balance. Everyone also has a say in things affecting them. For example last year a couple of my friends and I felt that we weren't getting the kind of results we were hoping for in school, so we had a chat with our principal and he immediately took our side looking for ways to better the situation. I think that this is important, to really involve students.

In hopes of seeing development and wishing you all an inspiring Saturday,



...4nna...

CONVERSATION

0 kommenttia:

Post a Comment

Back
to top