NEWS

I have come to the conclusion that I can best achieve what I am working towards with this blog by adding Finnish posts into my mix. I came to this because I think that when writing about Finnish things that only people living here can have any use for, it's much more natural to write about in the corresponding language. This way my blog will also reflect me better -I am bilingual, so why shouldn't my blog be? Naturally this doesn't mean that I will be giving up English, no, absolutely not. I will only spice things up a little bit. ;)

Honestly I need the practice in Finnish too. Up until high school I had always studied in English and I still read all books in English. Finnish has been, and is, my first language, but I haven't really liked to use it in these areas of my life. Next spring I have my Finnish matriculation examination and I'm a little nervous about it. So, I'll use my blog as a platform to write in Finnish from now on also. But as I said, this will mostly affect only those posts that are strictly attached to Finland.


I have in my mind turned this around quite intensively and think that this is what I genuinely want to do with Mangos Smile and that it will be best for my readers respectively. To assure this, though, I think I will try to add a slight translation to all my Finnish posts as it is the less prevalent of the two.


So cheers to this new, multiculturalisher "era" :D


Also, how's fall sneaking up all over?



...4nna...

CONVERSATION

0 kommenttia:

Post a Comment

Back
to top